7 Cool Ways to Re-purpose Old Furniture
Are you looking for a fun project that will add some pizzazz to your home – that doesn’t require a degree in carpentry? Before you leave your old furniture on the curb with a sign that says, “free to good owner,” here are 7 creative ideas that will revitalize that furniture and leave anyone feeling handy.
- Rustic Planter – Enhance any backyard space by painting an old bedroom side table with a fun color, pull out the drawer, and use it as a planter. To learn more and see other ways to old furniture into planters, visit here
- Kitchen Island – No built-in island? Transform an old dresser by adding a custom countertop. The drawers will come in handy also. Here's a step-by-step video guide on how to do it!
- Crib Appeal – We all need more storage. Take off one of the side rails of that old crib and add a piece of glass or butcher block on top to make a cool bookcase or craft table. Here's a couple more ideas on how to repurpose a crib.
- Cabinet Door Headboard – Reuse those old cabinet doors by creating a custom headboard for a guest bedroom. Paint white or multi-colors for a country chic look. You can do this in as little as 10 steps.
- Vanity Transformation – Remove the backing from an old dresser, add a sink, and you have a cool vanity for your bathroom. Here is the how-to guide.
- Bedspring Bottle Holders – No wine rack? No problem. Remove old mattress bedsprings, attach to a wood panel, and store your wine bottles with this cool rack. It's so simple all you'll need a visual to make this happen.
- Pet Bed – Every pampered pet needs a bed. A drawer from an old dresser makes a cool pet bed. Attach some short furniture legs and add a cushion for indoor or outdoor use. If you have some time on your hands and old furniture to get rid of, maybe you can repurpose them and spruce up your décor at the same time with these fun ideas. This might be my favorite idea yet! Here's the guide.
If you have some time on your hands and old furniture to get rid of, maybe you can repurpose them and spruce up your décor at the same time with these fun ideas.
Post a Comment